Tuesday, April 5, 2016

, ,

Delightfully Dirty Dirt




D....what a delectably delightful digit! I immediately thought of Dirt, because, well, I have boys. Problem is, my boys aren't keen on getting dirty. Yeah, weird, I know. My guys are kinda control freaks, I'm not sure how that came to be, fact is, it be.


So, I needed to get them to enjoy "dirt" in a  controlled environment.  I found a super easy and fun way to do just that!


You'll need:
a mountain of baking soda - Which I ALWAYS have...just sayin'
water
check and check
...last to add the "dirt" color black watercolors

My sensory seeker, Logan, LOVED this!



It really felt like garden dirt.

He mixed and played with that dirt, had lunch and went back for more dirt time!



We also made "dough"

You'll need:
shaving cream                                                         
corn starch                             
watercolors
 -not necessary, but it added to the fun
       




This stuff felt very different than the "dirt" but not "dough"ish. It was crumbly more sand-like.





It was a very cool and fun sensory experience.




After lunch, they both went back to the "dough" and "dirt". They constructed "volcanos".


Liam used a spoon from yesterday's catapult build and ping pong balls to stop up the volcanos.


They brought a couple of lego trucks into the world too!

I was thrilled to see them doing something interactive that wasn't video games!!

It was great to see them using their imagination, playing together and enjoying each other.

 

Old Time Candy Site Wide Sale! Save 10% On These Great Candy Items!

0 comments:

Post a Comment