Thursday, March 24, 2016

,

How I transformed a DIY table into a DIY craft table

When I started transforming our front room into an office I realized that there was no room for the art table that I had built for my boys. You see, I had just moved it from their room a few months ago. I had no plans of moving it back. I really (I mean REALLY) like the table.  I had to come up with a plan. 

I decided I could probably mount it to the wall. Hopefully.  Without much hesitation, or even much thought, certainly no conversation was had with my hubby, I sawed the legs off. I tend to act on ideas with much impulse and little to no plan. I can't deal with sitting back and analyzing things to death. I'm a doer, damn it!


So once the legs were off, I had to figure out how to hang that sucker!  I mounted a couple of 2 x 2s to the wall and screwed the top and bottom of the table top to the newly installed supports.  Next, I had to figure out how to make the tabletop, after all before it didn't need to stay up on its own. This is where my analytical hubby comes into play. He attached the cables to the frame of the table and to the tabletop and there you have it! PERFECTION! 


 

I painted the front with chalkboard paint and painted the rest to match my desk. I like the way it sort of looks like a picture frame. We LOVE it! It has gotten a lot more use. With it right next to my desk its really a popular place to be! I love that it folds away and I don't have to look at all the craft stuff, but everything is also readily available anytime they are feeling crafty! 

The next project is drinking LOTS of starbucks coffees. I plan to use the bottles to store the junk crafty goodness that is on the top of the table. I think hope it will look a little neater. Have I mentioned before that I can be a little bit O.C.D.?

I got the plans for the table from The amazing Ana White, she is my hero!

Please share your thoughts! If you have any questions let me know, I am glad to answer them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment