Sunday, March 27, 2016

,

Easter Morning Tradition - The Scavenger Hunt!!!


We have been doing scavenger hunts for Easter, Christmas, Birthdays, you name it we are going to make the kids hunt and earn their reward! 
 


In all honesty, they REALLY enjoy it. Last week, Logan said, I can't wait for the Easter Bunny to come, he always does fun scavenger hunts! Well, I knew I had to get my butt in gear! Each year has to be better than the year before! Hey, no pressure AT ALL!

This year I totally cheated and used clues I found, you'll never guess where......wait for it....on Pinterest, OF COURSE!!
This year I decided to put several eggs in each location. Each egg either held candy, money, an exercise to do (I REALLY make them EARN their goodies!) or the next clue.  


 
I'm not sure if they WANTED the candy, money or the clue at each location. There was NO fighting so that's a WIN!!

I am pretty sure the goal was to be the first one to find the next clue... We ALL had a great time! This is our way of extending the anticipation for the boys and extending the joy watching them brings us. 



Here are the clues I used. I liked that they had to run all over the house. They started in the kitchen and traveled to the refrigerator, the van, the washer, the office, my bathroom and finally their room for their to find their baskets.  It was awesome and they had a blast. It extended the excitement of it all.



If your interested in this
hunt you can find it at 
Jelly Bean Jam's blog.




As for what their baskets have in them, LOADS of Dollar Tree goodness! I mean, really they don't care!

They each got....

  •  humming bird feeders
  • twirly wind spinny things (don't laugh)
  • books
  • crafts
  • candy
  • sling shot
  • duck bubbles
  • random Easter toys

What does your family do each Easter? Have you upped the pressure on yourself?


0 comments:

Post a Comment