Sunday, March 27, 2016

,

Easter - The Egg Coloring Experiment

Well this year I wanted to do something different when it came to coloring eggs.  Searched Pinterest, of course, for some new things to try...

First up.. SHAVING CREAM & FOOD COLORING


 
Check out that dimple!
Squeezing dye was good
hand muscle work.
Now when I first told my boys about this one, they were not happy about the prospect of getting messy. YES I have two boys that DO NOT like to get messy.


Liam got to shake and squirt the shaving cream. They shared adding the dye.  
Liam was not happy
with having shaving
cream on his hand... 
Logan got some on his hand and licked it thinking it was whip cream. He won't make that mistake again!


Once we added the eggs, I gave them a spatula and they went to mixing. They started enjoying the messiness of it all and really enjoyed it. 
 
SHAVING CREAM AND FOOD COLORING EGGS

Next test, TIE DYE EGGS



The first step is to spray a mixture of half vinegar and half water to several folded paper towels. 






Next wrap the paper towel around the egg and secure it with a rubber band. 




 
Next up, the fun. Pick different paint colors and go to town! 

When you are satisfied with the colors, Give it a little squeeze and set them aside for a few hours.


TIE DYE EGGS


 Test 3...Dino Eggs...


Mixing the paint and vinegar was exciting....
This was one that I had NEVER heard of until Pinterest and all of its glory entered my life. 

The first step is to crack the shells in random places. 


Dropping in the cracked eggs
   Mix the paint and vinegar. 

   Drop the eggs in and leave        them for a few hours.



Dino Eggs
These were a little creepy, if you ask me. I definitely don't think Easter when I look at them. I would have rather done them as a science experiment. The boys liked them and thought they were cool, Hey, that's all that matters!




 Did you try any new, fun or weird ways of coloring eggs this year? I would love to know what you did and what worked.

























































0 comments:

Post a Comment